Obstetrician Westmead Sydney NSW
Pregnancy scans are an important part of pregnancy to ensure the ongoing health of your baby.
- Visit a specialist obstetrician with access to a full team of specialists
- Receive all scans and tests in our state-of-the-art clinic or hospital rooms
- Advanced 3D/4D ultrasound available
- Non-invasive prenatal testing available
An obstetrician (sometimes called an Ob/Gyn) is a qualified doctor, specialising in women’s health, reproduction, childbirth and pregnancy. Generally an obstetrician will provide care and expertise for you throughout your pregnancy, including 3D/4D ultrasound imaging and prenatal testing.
Here is our full range of obstetrical services, including our first trimester and dating tests:
- Dating Scan (7-17 Weeks)
- Cervical Scan (14-37 Weeks)
- Gender Scan (16-31 Weeks)
- Nuchal Translucency Scan (12-14 Weeks)
- Fetal Morphology (19-23 Weeks)
- Fetal Echocardiography (18-24 Weeks)
- Fetal Growth Scan (20-40 Weeks)
- 3D/4D Baby Scans (26-33 Weeks)
- Fetal Presentation Scan (38-39 Weeks)
- Obstetrical Ultrasound Packages
Our prenatal diagnosis and testing can include amniocentesis and CVS testing if required, which will be completed by one of our specialists.
A relaxing environment for your pregnancy scans
Our team will work together to ensure we create a relaxing environment for your obstetrical scans. We welcome questions during each of your appointments including your initial appointment where you can meet our team and ensure the Centre for Women’s Ultrasound is right for you.
Fertility testing is also available
We can perform fertility testing if this is a concern for you. We usually recommend a HyCoSy test, which is a less invasive test compared to more outdated procedures to test tubal patency and evaluate the health of the uterus and ovaries. This is sometimes referred to as pre-IVF testing, as it will determine if your body can accommodate a baby.
We can support you from your initial scan to the birth of your baby
Many of our specialist obstetricians are also available for birthing privately. Finding the right obstetrician is very important not only for the health of your baby but for the mother’s peace of mind. So if this is something you’re interested in please don’t hesitate to mention this to our team.